Friday, March 14, 2008

A Manifesto I Can Agree With!

Link

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
are my favorite recent discovery. Mentioned earlier in my blog in association with SF Supervisor Tom Ammiano and his permit to allow them to have an Easter parade in the Castro (homo central).. I decided to look into the Sisters a little bit more because they seemed kinda fun. Well, "kinda" turns out to be a gross understatement!


I mean, how can you possibly compare a lame easter egg hunt with a Hunky Jesus competition in Dolores Park? Or some froofy little girls' dresses with these ladies' gravity-defying technicolor costumes? I, for one, am actually looking forward to Easter this year.

Edit: I shamefully neglected to include that the Sisters aren't just fun & games for the sake of having fun! They raise money for community organizations, things like the Aids LifeCycle (which Sister Uma will be participating in!), and the St. James Infirmary, according to the latest posts on their website. They've been around for 29 years !!! spreading love and sin and fun and positivity wherever they go. There are also additional Houses of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence across the U.S. and around the world -- so check here to see if your local chapter is up to no good.